20 January 2011

Steam Banana Cake (that was so-so)


This is a steam banana cake that was made for afternoon tea. It was a coincident that my father-in-law throw a visit to the house. Regarding the recipe, I wa not sure where the source of the recipe came from because it was bake quite some time already. What I could remember was that it was a little bit bitter because I put to omuch soda bicarbonate in it. If I could roughly remember the ingredients, these are the things that you need to have in preparing the cake. My step mother-in-law commented that the taste was bitter and asked me the brand of the baking powder that I used. She used the brand which was produced by the bumiputra (or Malays). I'm not sure what she meant. Was she referring to local product? Anyway, I didn't want to further the discussion when she brought out the issue on that day. For me, as long as it  is halal, any product would do, you agree?

Ingredients: 
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1 egg
1 teaspoon oil
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons baking powder (I supposed I had more)
100g  all-purpose flour

Preparation procedure: 
1. Sift baking powder and flour.
2. In a mixer, pour the baking powder and flour that you've sieved
3. Add oil, water and banana. Stir gently.
4. In a steamer, steam the cake for 30 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment