This is mi goreng hailam I cooked for dinner last night. I bought monthly groceries yesterday after fetching my eldest son, Haziq from school. The ingredients are basically easy to get and the preparation was less than 15 minutes. I sliced chickens and prepare prawns and cuttlefish all at the same time. For vegetables, I used carrot, chinese mustard and cabbage. It's very quick and you still have much time to do house chores or play with your kids after that.
1. a packet of yellow noodles
2. 1/2 cup of chicken
3. 1/2 cup of prawns
4. 1/2 cup of cuttlefish
5. some cabbage, carrot and chinese mustard
6. 5 tbsp of tomato sauce
7. 3 tbsp of pepper sauce (I prefer the pepper sauce made from Sarawak)
8. 7 tbsp of oyster sauce
9. 2 cups of water
10. Onion and garlic
11. red chillies/ fried shallots for garnishing
12. oil for cooking
1. Saute onion and garlic
2. Add in chicken and stir well (cook for about 7 min. or so)
3. Add in prawn and cuttlefish (cook for about 3 min. or so)
4. Pour in water
5. Add in tomato, pepper and oyster sauce
6. Add in all the vege.
7. Turn-off the stove
For serving, put mi goreng hailam in a bowl and spread red chilles as well as some shallots on it. If you like, you can also spread some spring onions. Add water if you want the gravy to be a little watery. And of course, if you want to be a little spicy, add pepper sauce.