09 January 2011

Pineapple with sweet soybean sauce


Pineapple with sweet soybean sauce can be eaten on its own or it can be eaten as a side dish (lauk) with rice. You can also get a version of it from street hawkers around Malaysia. I remembered when I was a primary school pupil, the teacher reminded us not to buy from hawkers simply because they claimed that  foods from hawkers were not hygienic. As a young girl, it made me think that all foods sold by hawkers must be avoided. It was only later in my life- to be exact when I went to secondary school, then I realised that pineapple spreaded with some sugar and soybean sauce was really tasty. What make the taste so good? I think it's because you taste the sourness/sweetness of the pineapple itself, plus of couse, the soybean sauce. And it's also spicy. These combination, I think is a 'booster' when you eat it with rice. So, here's a quick step to serve one for you. 

Ingredients:
1. A pineapple 
2. 8 tbsp of soybean sauce  
3. pinch of salt
4. 5 tbsp of sugar (you may add/lessen it)
6. 10 chillies

Procedures: 
1. Slice the pineapples and chillies according to your preferences
2. Put all the pineapples on a plate
3. Spread salt and sugar
4. Mix it well
5. Spread chillies as garnishing

No comments:

Post a Comment