08 January 2011

Fried meat with purple cabbage

I went to a local market the other day and bought cabbage having no idea what I would do with it. In other words, I simply bought it because it looked 'beautiful'. I haven't tried making any dish using purple cabbage in my entire life- not even salad! It was only yesterday that I bought the cabbage out of the refrigerator. So, what's for lunch? Pulling the bottom compartment of the refrigerator, I then decided to cook the cabbage. But what were the ingredients 'best' suited for it? Well, it seemed that I didn't have much choice. There were only carrot, cucumber, red chillies, egg toufu and of course some meat. So, I decided to just fried all the ingredients and name it.. KoGu FuDaLia- basically the name came out when I combine all the ingredients that were used to make the dish. Sounds familiar? He He...

Here's what you need to cook the dish:-
1. 1/2 kg meat
2. 3 cups of cabbage
4. a carrot
5. 1 inch of ginger
6. onions and garlic (the quantity is as you like it to be)
7. a cucumber
8. 1 unit of egg taofu (a cylinder-like packaging, can get it fr. local supermarket)
9. oil for frying
10. a pinch of salt
11. soybean sauce (kicap manis- sweetened soybean sauce. You can get any brand you want, but I like Cap Kipas Udang).
12. 1 cup of water

Procedures for cooking.
1. Heat oil
2. Add meat
3. Pour a cup of water onto the meat
4. When the meat is soft, saute onion, garlic.
5. Then immediately add ginger. Once you can smell the aroma of these ingredients..
6. Add all the vegetables

There you have it. It's nice if you can serve it hot. I suppose it can be eaten with porridge or rice. Not sure about bread. Happy trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment