09 January 2011

Chocolate Doughnut

I've been making the doughnut for almost every week lately. The children requested it but I could only fulfill their request on Sunday or Saturday. Mama is working, and the only day that I can concentrate preparing all my lovely children's food is when I'm on holiday n weekends. I made 23 pieces of doughnuts out of 500 gms flour.  Basically when it comes to making doughnut or bread, I personally feel that time really matters. This is  because we have to double the size of the dough in making it. Let  me share the ingredients of making the doughnut as you can see below.

Ingredients
1. 500 gms of flour
2. 7.5 gms of mauripan yeast
3. 1 1/2 cup of water (depends on flour you're using)
4. some chocolate rice
5. shortening
6. a pinch of salt
7. chocolate cooking

Preparation
1. Sift flour
2. Add in yeast
3. Add in water
4. Knead dough until flour doesn't stick to your fingers anymore
5. Let it rest for 30 minutes
6. Mould doughnut according to your preference
7. Let it rest for another 30-40 minutes before you fry it

Chocolate topping
As for chocolate topping, you just need to double boil the chocolate cooking and shortening. Use spoon to put the chocolate topping on top of doughnuts.

I use 2 bottles' caps, one is smaller and the other one is bigger in making the dougnut shape. First, I use the smaller one for the doughnut's shape. The smaller cap is used to make the round at the centre of the doughnut. I know that I can save more time when I use doughnut mould and in fact, I saw one in the supermarket the other day. But I didn't intend to buy it since I got more creative 'tools' that I could use for the doughnut's mould. Creativity pays-off when the kids enjoyed the doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment