18 January 2011

Jemput Pisang

My neigbour gave some bananas the other day. At that time, it was not really ripe and I thought of making kerepek pisang (banana chips). I remembered when I was studying in the uni., I always requested my belated-mother to prepare kerepek pisang. And always my request was often not neglected. Anyway, since my schedule was quite pack on those days, the bananas were already ripe when I want to make banana crisp. So, here's a quick menu that you can prepare for the family- Jemput pisang  

Ingredients:
5-6  ripe bananas (choices are yours). If you're using pisang mas, you need a lot more
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 cup of water (adjust it if you want the jemput pisang to be a little flaccid)
salt 
oil for cooking 

Procedures for cooking:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Heat oil to begin frying
3. Use your fingers to mould the jemput pisang. Pinch the mixture using  your fingers
4. Put the mixture into the oil gently with your fingers.
5. Continue pinching the mixture until it is finished.

Jemput pisang is best serve when it is still hot. Also, it would be better if you can serve it together with afternoon drink. In my house, afternoon tea is a must and thus, jemput pisang is always in the menu due to its quick preparation time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment