13 January 2011

Sambal Asam Jawa

Sambal Asam Jawa or tamarind cordiment is a must when there is ikan bakar in the house. Usually when I make the sambal, I eat more sambal than the fish itself- taste much better if it spicy. Last night, I made the sambal and together with it, of course, some ikan tamban that I giilled prior to making the sambal. My husband nagged a little bit because I cooked a little bit late last night. Thought to recite quran a verses or two- Alhamdulillah, managed to read few verses . He was saying something to me but I couldn't hear what he said. After we ate, then he told me that if possible I needed to cook early because the kids had to go to bed at 10pm every night. Okay, that justified the thing he nagged about earlier on. Too much detail of this and that. Now, lets take a look at  two simple steps on how to make the sambal.

Ingredients
1. 15 small chillies 
2. sugar
3. salt
4. tamarind
5. water
  
Procedures
1.  Slice or mash small chillies
2. Add water, tamarind, sugar and salt 

No comments:

Post a Comment