09 January 2011

Char Keow Teow


I cooked Char Keow Teow for lunch when my father-in-law stopped by at the house before going to the mosque for Friday prayers. For a quick dish, I think Char Keow Teow is best when it is still hot. All the ingredients for Char Keow Teow  are already in the refrigerator, so I guess they are perfect mixture to make the noodle. It didn't take me long to prepare it. And once my husband and my father-in-law got back from their prayers, I served it perfectly.

Ingredients
1. 1 packet of keow teow
2. 1 cup of bean sprout
3. a hand-full of chives leaves
4. 3-4 cups of prawn stock
5. 2 onions (dice)
6. 1 garlic (dice)
7. 500 gms of prawn
8. 2 eggs

Preparation
1. Prepare chicken prawn first by peeling the prawn's skin. You may also include the prawn's head if you want. Add in water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
2. Saute onions and garlic
3. Add in the prawn's stock
4. Add in prawn. Let the ingredients that you add in thus far for 7 minutes
5. Then, add in keow teow
6. Turn off the stove
7. Add the eggs
8. Add bean sprouts and chives leaves

Garnishing
You may spread fried onions, red/ green chillies and spring onions. Serve it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment