I prepare this before going to Kak Chik's house in Chini, Pekan. Since the actual ingredients (eg. pucuk paku and other ulaman) are not available, I use what I buy in the market. This is how we cook bubur lambuk in Pahang. There are a lot of versions of preparing the bubur lambuk. If you were to eat this in Perak, I think they use prawn. But in this recipe, only fish are used. In ramadhan, this is always the menu that almost any muslim house will be preparing. Lets take a look at the ingredients and how to prepare one.
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 3-5 cup of water
- 2 cup of santan (that you've already add with 1 cup of water).
- 6 long beans (cut into small pieces)
- 3 brinjal/ egg plant
- 20 water Spinach (also known as Water Morning Glory, Water Convolvulus, or by the more ambiguous names "Chinese spinach" and "swamp cabbage". Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_aquatica)
- water to cook the porridge
- 1/2 to 1 kg of fish (I use ikan pelaling)
- Boil the fish for about 10 minutes. Toast the water and put it aside
- Debone the fish
- In a blender, put the fish. Blend it well.(Click here if you want to know to what extent you need to blend the fish)
- Put the mixture in a bowl. Put it aside.
- In a pot, put the rice (of course u need to wash it first)
- Add in water
- When the rice is soft (or it has become porridge [I assume you know how to cook porridge ;-)], add santan
- Add the fish
- Add the vege. (Use this procedure of adding them. First, add in egg plant. Then water spinach)