27 June 2011

Masala Vadai



I just finished frying the masala vadai. The taste was so-so. I supposed it was not the actual masala vadai that I want to make. I made it because I always buy the kuih at the coffee shop nearby where I'm staying. I think it was because of not enough ingredients (for instance corriander) that made it taste quite not to my expectation. It is not crunchy as the one that I bought from the coffee shop. My second son said, "Oh, mom you make nuts' nuggets. Mmm... I don't like it", he said after he tasted one. When I offered it to the youngest; Hakim he said, "na..nak" (means"tak nak"/don't want). It was a little bit spicy. All the kids are not in school since my eldest have his cuti peristiwa (official school holiday because of sport day that was held on Sunday i.e. yesterday). So, I didn't send the two to the kindy. Anyway, here's the recipe that I used to make the masala vadai.

Ingredients:
  1. 1/2 cup of dhal (the nuts)
  2. 20 curry leaves
  3. salt
  4. 2 tbsp curry powder
  5. 5 dried chillies
  6. oil for frying    
  7. 1/2 cup of flour (to make the shape of the masala vadai)

Cooking procedure:
  1. blend the dhal. Set the mixture aside
  2. slice thinly curry leaves and dried chillies 
  3. using your fingers, take a little bit of the mixture and make a little ball shape 
  4. then press it. So you'll have a shape of a coin    
  5. heat oil  and fry the masala vadai

No comments:

Post a Comment