18 September 2012

Pickle Mangoes




Mangoes ... Mak Teh (my neighbour gave them to me)

I was totally so busy with works that I could not provide time to prepare the mango pickle until they were already rotten. I therefore, threw them away. However, the mango pickles are easy to make since you need just the basic ingredients for instance sugar, salt and etc. This is a recipe I learnt from my mother in-law. For anyone who wants to try preparing the pickle, here it is. 
p/s: I noticed that I already uploaded the recipe some time ago. Here it is.

Ingredients: 
  1. 1-2 mangoes (I am not sure the name of this mango. But I suppose any mango that you grow for instance mempelam epal can be used to prepare the pickle.
  2. Some salt (depends on how salty you want it to be)
  3. Some sugar (maybe 1 cup would do)
  4. Cooked water (perhaps 2 cups) 
Preparation procedures:
  1. Slice mangoes according to your preferences. 
  2. Take a jar, then fill-in with water that you have already cooked. If it is still hot let it cold for a while 
  3. Then add in sugar and salt. Stir them well in the jar. Or perhaps you can use other container where you pour in the cooked water, and add in sugar and salt
  4. Place the jar that you've closed with a lid in the refrigerator
  5. When you want to eat (it is recommended that you eat with rice), in a bowl, put shrimp paste, small chillies (1-2; depends on you)..also add in some water from the jar
  6. Mix all the ingredients. It surely is tasty. Especially for those who lost appetite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment