17 May 2011

Pickle Mango (Mempelam jeruk)

The other day, my neigbour i.e Mak Teh gave us a plenty of mangoes. I decided to make pickle mangoes. This is the recipe from my late mother in laws. I made it since my husband requested it. So here's the ingredients:

Ingredients:
  1. 8 to 10 mangoes (the mangoes I used were big. I don't know the name of the mangoes. Apologise for being ignorance for not asking Mak Teh of the name of the mango)
  2. 11 table spoon of salt ( I used garam kasar)
  3. 3 cups of water (just enough to cover the mangoes when you put them in a container)
 Preparation procedure:
  1. Wash the mangoes 
  2. In a container, add in the mangoes
  3. Add in water and salt
  4. Keep it in the fridge
For serving: 
  1. Put some pieces of the pickle mangoes in a saucer
  2. Add in 3 teaspoons of water
  3. Add in a little bit of belacan (to your taste and adjust its quantity with the water you use)
  4. Squeeze chillies in the water
  5. Mix these ingredients well 
  6. You can have cucumber to eat with the pickle mango

No comments:

Post a Comment