18 September 2012

Masak Lemak Ikan Kaci

Dah lama tak update blog ni. Banyak sgt kerja n virus M menjadi-jadi. New semester has just begun...so many things to do. With assessments, English for Placement Test (EPT) and so many other things. Besides these events, InshaAllah I'll be graduating this coming November, 23rd. Convocation for completing my PhD... I have another blog which I keep the stories of my phd endeavour here. Anyway, back to the recipe here... this was my first time cooking this recipe. Ikan kaci is usually cook for curry meal. However, there is nenas madu in the fridge, I therefore cook this dish. 

The ingredients: 
  1. 600 gram kaci fish 
  2. 1 honey pineapple
  3. 9 small red chillies 
  4. 1 inch of tumeric 
  5. 200 ml santan 
  6. 3 lemon grass
  7. a pinch of salt
Cooking Method

  1. With a mortar and pestle, grind or crush tumeric and red chillies. Then crush the tumeric
  2. In a wok, pour in the santan milk
  3. Then add in honey pineapple (don't let it over cook- perhaps let it for 2-3 minutes before proceeding to the next step
  4. Add in the fish. Cook for about 10-15 minutes... the meat of the fish is soft so, the cooking does not need to be long 
  5. Add in salt. Stir the gravy once in a while before you turn off the stove

No comments:

Post a Comment