24 November 2012

A cake for celebration

 I guess this is supposed to be written, "Mama is a Dr (PhD)?"


The tiramusi cake my hubby bought 

Alhamdulliah, I completed my PhD after I had my viva on 23 March 2012. I managed to do all the corrections by May 2012. Since they were too many obstacles in meeting the internal examiners to look at my corrections, the thesis that was already corrected could only be submitted in June that year. Read my story in another blog that I dedicated concerning this [here]

Back to the story about the cake (as displayed above), my  hubby had a surprise when he told me to close my eyes after I opened the refrigerator's door the other day (after I got back from the office/ while I was about to prepare afternoon tea). I did as I was told and when he asked me to open my eyes, I saw this cake on the kitchen table. He said he has nothing else to buy to celebrate the  success of completing my phd. I don't mind actually since I received a lot of surprises gifts (for e.g. Tachymeter Casio watch, Scholl shoes and others - not too brag.). But I think he helped me a lot these years in order to complete my phd. Thanks a lot for being supportive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment